CPEP AIMS TO:
1) Make visible the harms of criminalization and punishment as responses to social conflicts and harms by privileging and establishing a dialogue between persons affected by state repression and researchers.
2) Pursue research that informs political and social action to resist the punitive status quo.
3) Challenge inequality, privilege and dominant social structures (e.g. capitalism, colonialism, racism, patriarchy, heteronormativity and ableism) that have a particularly negative impact on marginalized persons and groups.
4) Reject efforts to further expand and entrench state repression and promote policy alternatives that are appropriate, effective, just, humane, and non-violent to this end.
5) Build capacity and solidarity among CPEP members and allies in a manner that values contributions, challenges difference, and offers mutual support.